Friday, September 07, 2012

Book Received + Update

So, I spend a good chunk of my holiday weekend organizing my books and doing a major cull - and you'll see in the photo below that it's an on-going battle for me. But a good one. Anyway, a big goal this weekend is for me to get at least one (and hopefully more than one) review written and posted. Otherwise I may bump up against a big trip and it'll be many more weeks. Range of Ghosts by Elizabeth Bear (Indiebound, Book Depository, Amazon) is my number one priority in that. But I also owe reviews for Whispers Underground by Ben Aaronovitch (Indiebound, Book Depository, Amazon) and Dancing with Bears by Michael Swanwick (Indiebound, Book Depository, Amazon). I may also do a short write-up about Two Ravens and One Crow - a novella by Kevin Hearne (Amazon), but for that it's really just more of the same, so there's not too much to say (which is to say it was a fun novella to read).
 
And so far, I have to admit that I'm quite happy with my purchase of a Nook SimpleTouch. I like the e-ink and I like having it seperate from other electronic media - I can still feel like I'm 'urling up with a good book rather than sharing the bed with books, email, youtube and all the other electronic distractoins that come with a tablet. And i'm finding that navigating the world of different formats and DRM isn't so challening with the help of Calibre and a few helpful plug-ins. But it would sure be easier if publishers and e-reader/tablet providers would wise-up and use a common format that is DRM-free.
 
Anyway, on to the books received:
 
Books Received: August 10 - September 7, 2012
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...